Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? Now imagine one giant chocolate chip cookie…yup, that’s exactly what this recipe is. Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet is a giant cookie baked in a cast iron skillet. It’s crispy on the outside but still ooey gooey in the center.
I can’t even count how many times I made this recipe before it turned out. By the end, I was swearing never to eat another chocolate chip cookie for the rest of my life. There were a few days in a row I was testing this recipe and by the last day, my husband was asking me to make it in a smaller cast iron pan so we weren’t eating so much! What I’m trying to say is this recipe is PERFECT! I tested this recipe so many times, I think it is the absolute best!
A couple notes about Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet:
Let’s talk about ghee:
In this recipe I give you the option to use either melted ghee or coconut oil. Anytime I have the opportunity to use ghee in baked goods, I will. Ghee gives baked goods that buttery flavor without the dairy. With that being said, if you are lactose intolerant, ghee is not a good option. It is believed that during the clarifying process, all milk solids are removed from ghee, I personally would stick with coconut oil if you have a dairy issue just to be safe.
A few fun ways to jazz up this cookie skillet:
- Add dairy-free ice cream on top right before serving. I like vanilla with mine!
- Add a couple dollops of smooth almond butter on top before baking
- Drizzle with homemade caramel sauce from my Vegan Chocolate Cookies with Sea Salt recipe
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt before baking for a salty-sweet treat
Looking for more cookie recipes? Make sure to check out this Vegan Chocolate Caramel Cookies with Sea Salt
Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with ghee or avocado oil
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt and mix. I like using a whisk to make sure all the dry ingredients are well incorporated
- In another bowl, add the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix until the eggs are beat
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the melted ghee or coconut oil and mix again
- Once the oil is incorporated into the batter, add the chocolate chips gently fold
- Pour the cookie dough into the cast iron skillet and spread into an even layer. Place in the oven and bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before enjoying.