Frozen Lemonade is fresh, bright, and full of lemon flavor. It is naturally sweetened and contains 5 simple ingredients. It's the perfect drink for hot summer days.
Some links may be affiliate links. I may get paid if you buy something or take action after clicking one of these. If you do decide to buy, thank you! Your purchase allows me to continue sharing healthy and delicious recipes!
Lemonade is a favorite by kids and adults all summer long. I wanted to create a recipe that was so quick and easy, literally anyone could make it.
Most lemonades are free of pulp since they contain only the juice. This recipe uses the entire lemon! Peel and all! The lemon is first zested and any large amounts of pith (the white outside) are removed. The lemon is then chopped into large chunks and blended with an all-natural sweetener, water, and ice. If blended correctly, you won't even notice the pulp in this drink.
- fresh lemons - the base of this frozen lemonade is fresh lemons. They are bright and sour. Make sure to pick out lemons that are slightly soft. This usually means they are nice and juicy.
- lemon zest - freshly zested lemon peel adds a big punch of lemon favor. Here is my favorite zester.
- maple syrup or honey - both of these unrefined sweeteners balance out the sourness from the lemons. I personally like to use maple syrup in this recipe. Go with maple syrup or gave nectar if you are vegan.
- water - adds volume to the lemonade and helps with blending.
- ice - it can't be a frozen lemonade without ice!
How to make
Zest one of the lemons. Remove the peels and pith from the lemons and chop them into large chunks.
Combine the cut-up lemon, lemon zest, sweetener of choice, water, and ice into the blender and blend on high until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
Pour the frozen lemonade into a glass, garnish with a lemon slice and enjoy.
Variations & notes
There are so many fun and exciting variations for frozen lemonade. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Raspberry lemonade - for a sweet and refreshing beverage, add in 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries before blending.
- Strawberry lemonade - strawberry lemonade was one of my favorite summer drinks as a kid. Add in 1 cup fresh or frozen roughly chopped strawberries before blending. Garnish with a fresh strawberry or lemon slice.
- Lemon-limeade - replace ¼ of the lemon with peeled and cut up lime and zest of one lime. The lime will make the lemonade slightly more sour but still delicious.
- Adult only - add a shot of tequila or vodka for an adults only beverage.
How to store
Leftover frozen lemonade can be stored in a freezer safe container for up to a month.
Before enjoying, remove from the freezer for a few minutes to thaw. Placing the frozen lemonade into a blender and blending with a small amount of water will revive the lemonade.
- 2 medium-sized lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¾ cup cold water
- 3 cups ice
- Zest the peel of one lemon and add to a blender. Remove the peel and any pith (the white part) from the lemon then cut into large chunks and put in the blender with the lemon zest.
- Next, add your sweetener of choice, water, and ice. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes. Pour into two glasses, garnish with a slice of lemon and enjoy.
- Raspberry lemonade - for a sweet and refreshing beverage, add in 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries before blending.
- Strawberry lemonade - strawberry lemonade was one of my favorite summer drinks as a kid. Add in 1 cup of fresh or frozen roughly chopped strawberries before blending. Garnish with a fresh strawberry or lemon slice.
- Lemon-limeade - replace ¼ of the lemon with peeled and cut-up lime and zest of one lime. The lime will make the lemonade slightly more sour but still delicious.
- Adult only - add a shot of tequila or vodka for an adults-only beverage.