This London Fog Tea Latte recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes for the perfect comforting drink. It is made with creamy earl grey tea, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract and is naturally sweetened for a warming and delicious drink.
Once you make it at home, you won't be making the special trip to the coffee shop. Not only does it taste better than Starbucks London Fog Latte, but it's also made with only four simple ingredients with the option to add CBD oil for additional health benefits.
Some links may be affiliate links. I may get paid if you buy something or take action after clicking one of these. If you do decide to buy, thank you! Your purchase allows me to continue sharing healthy and delicious recipes!
- earl grey tea - creamy and floral earl grey tea is the base of this latte.
- coconut milk - I prefer to use coconut milk in this recipe, but any type of milk, including cow's milk, will work great in this recipe. The milk adds body and creaminess to this drink, especially when frothed with a handheld frother. I like to use Thai Kitchen coconut milk which is thick and creamy, rather than coconut beverage.
- vanilla extract - adds depth and flavor. Simply Organics is my favorite store-bought vanilla extract.
- honey or maple syrup - The all-natural sweetener adds sweetness to the tea latte. I prefer honey in this recipe but if you are vegan or plant-based, use maple syrup.
- CBN, CBG, or CBD oil (optional) - adding any of these oils is optional. I have been using Nuvita CBD products for years and will never stop! They have helped with my rheumatoid arthritis inflammaticreateAdding anywhere from 0.25-1.0 mL adds some health-boosting benefits to the latte.
How to make
The first step to making this London Fog Tea Latte is to make a strong cup of earl grey tea. I like to use two tea bags for 8 ounces of water.
While the tea is steeping, heat together the coconut milk or your favorite plant-based milk, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Once hot, use a frother to create a fluffy foam.
Pour the froth overtop of the strongly brewed earl grey tea. Optional: add a few drops of CBN, CBG, or CBD oil for added health benefits. Enjoy!
Variations & notes
- lavender - add ½ tsp of dried lavender flowers to the water while the tea is steeping. Strain, then continue making the tea latte as usual. The lavender adds a beautiful floral note without being overpowering.
- iced London fog tea latte - steep the earl grey tea then place in the fridge to cool completely. Once cooled, pour into a tall glass with ice. Next, combine the remaining ingredients and froth using a handheld frother or whisk. Pour the foam over the top of the strongly brewed tea and enjoy.
- chamomile - replace one of the earl grey tea bags with a chamomile tea bag for another warming and delicious variation.
How to store leftovers
Strongly brewed earl grey tea will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Combine the remaining ingredients and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you are ready to prepare a latte, froth the milk mixture, then either pour it over the top of warmed or chilled tea.
While the jury is out on who actually invented the famous tea latte, the rumor goes that it was invented in Vancouver, British Columbia, back in the early 1990s. A woman, who did not want to drink coffee, asked for steamed milk with vanilla to pour over the top of her warm earl grey tea. The frothy milk poured over the tea gave the illusion of dense fog, taking on the look of fog-laden London.
Earl great tea is a black tea with the oil from bergamot orange. While it has a citrusy flavor, it is also slightly floral tasting.
Steep the earl grey tea, then place in the fridge to cool completely. Once cooled, pour into a tall glass with ice. Next, combine the remaining ingredients and froth using a handheld frother or whisk. Pour the foam over the top of the strongly brewed tea and enjoy.
More tea latte recipes
- Chamomile Tea Latte
- Maple Tahini Latte
- Chamomile Golden Milk Latte
- Coffee Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
London Fog Latte
- 8 oz water
- 2 earl grey tea bags
- ¼ cup plant-based milk such as coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 0.25-1.0 mL Nuvita CBN, CBG, or CBD oil
- Place the cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Place the tea bags in the hot water and steep while making the rest of the drink.
- Combine the plant-based milk, sweetener, vanilla extract, and the optional CBN, CBG, or CBD into a small bowl, and either froth using a hand-hand frother or whisk until frothy.
- Remove the tea bags from the water and pour the tea into a mug. Pour the frothed milk over top. Sprinkle with a little dried lavendar if you please and enjoy.