Grilled Mango Lime Chicken is a great mid-week dinner when the temperatures are too hot to cook indoors. The marinade comes together in just a few minutes in the blender and can be marinated anywhere from one hour to up to 8 hours. I also provide a little cooking hack to have this chicken on the dinner table and ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
Frozen vs. fresh mango
This recipes calls for fresh mango since fresh tends to be a bit sweeter than frozen. The nice part about using frozen mango is it eliminates one step in the prepping process. No peeling and no chopping. Just add a touch more sweetener to the marinade and make sure to allow the mango to thaw before blending.
It's important to remember that chicken is not like beef when it comes to marinating. Beef can be marinated overnight and break down beautifully. Chicken on the other hand, if it marinates too long, it will start to cook in the marinade (depending on how much acid there is) and will become rubbery.
How to make this recipe in 30 minutes
To make this recipe in 30 minutes, reserve half of the marinade and set aside. Drench the chicken in the other half of the chicken right before grilling. Once you flip the chicken on the grill, brush the grilled side with the marinade. When you take the chicken off the grill, brush on more of the mango lime marinade once again making sure to coat the whole breast. This will ensure lots of mango and lime flavor while eliminate the marinating step.
What are coconut aminos?
Coconut aminos is a soy sauce alternative. It is gluten-free and soy-free. I use it in replace of soy sauce in recipes. Coconut aminos is a bit sweeter than soy sauce and not as salty. It adds a umami depth to recipes.
SAVE TO PINTEREST!
Looking for more summer recipes?
Grilled Mango Lime Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 ripe mango
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine all the marinade ingredients into a blender and blend on medium speed until smooth. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade in a glass container and place in the fridge. This will be used to brush the chicken after it is grilled
- Place the chicken in a glass bowl and cover with the marinade. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 8 hours
- Right before the chicken is done marinating, get the grill preheated. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. I find each side takes about 10 minutes but this will depend on the sixe of the chicken breasts. Flip and cook on the other side. Make sure the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Set the chicken on a cutting board or serving platter and allow to rest for about five minutes. Right before serving, take the reserved ¼ of the marinade out of the fridge and brush the chicken breasts making sure to get both sides. Serve with your favorite summer veggies. Enjoy!