I’m not even kidding when I say this is The Best Grilled Chicken! The marinade is what makes it! I’ve been making this marinade for quite a few years now. I love the balsamic vinegar in this recipe. Once the chicken hits the grill, the balsamic vinegar caramelizes giving the chicken a nice sweet crispy outside.
How to make The Best Grilled Chicken:
This recipe can’t get any easier! First, chopped rosemary, minced garlic, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar are mixed in a bowl with some good quality olive oil. Second, chicken breasts are submerged in the marinade for up to 8 hours so they soak up all the wonderful flavors. Lastly, once the grill is hot and ready to go, the marinated chicken is grilled to perfection! Serve with Caesar Potato Salad and some greens, and you have the perfect summer meal!
A couple notes about The Best Grilled Chicken:
How long can you marinate chicken?
It’s important to remember that chicken does not marinate the same as beef or pork. Beef can sit in a marinate over night and it will remain super tender and juicy while with chicken, the maximum marinating time should be around 8 hours. Most marinades contain acids such as vinegar and citrus juices. These acids help break down the meat slightly resulting in tender and juicy chicken. But if the chicken sits in the marinade for too long, the chicken meat will start to cook making it chewy and rubbery. In my recipe I recommend marinating for a minimum of an hour. If possible, I would marinate the chicken for about 4 hours. I have noticed the chicken gets super flavorful the longer it sits!
SAVE TO PINTEREST!
Interested in more summer recipes? Make sure to check these out!
- Caesar Potato Salad
- Zucchini Fritters with Roasted Garlic and Charred Scallion Aioli
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
The Best Grilled Chicken
- 1 # chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, rosemary, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a medium sized bowl and mix. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and move around until they are well coated
- Cover the bowl and place in the refridgerator for a minimum of one hour and up to eight hours. I like to marinate mine for about four hours
- About 45 minutes before the chicken is done marinating, set up the charcoal grill and allow the grill to get to a medium high heat. If you are using a gas grill, start the grill about twenty minutes before the chicken is done
- Once the chicken is done marinating, lay the smooth side of the chicken breasts on the grates and cook for about five minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook on the other side for about five minutes. If you are not sure if your chicken is cooked all the way through, grab a meat thermometer and check. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and place on a plate or cutting board
- Allow the chicken to rest for about five minutes before slicing. Once rested, slice into strips and enjoy!