Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies are one of my new favorite treats! They are chewy in the middle and crispy on the edges. They are also vegan and have a nut-free option!
These cookies were inspired by my chocolate chip cookie recipe that I made a few weeks back. I was in my kitchen one day and had a big craving for some cookies. Unfortunately, I didn't have almond butter so I wasn't able to make my chocolate chip cookie recipe. While peeking around my pantry I came across a container of cocoa I must have bought and forgot about. So I got the creative juices flowing, thought about it for a minute and came up with these babies!
A couple notes about Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies:
I don't have too much to say about this recipe. Which is good! That's how easy it is! One thing I will say though is if you are making these and are using semi-soft coconut oil, make sure you press the cookies down gently with the palm of your hand before baking. These will help the cookies spread out and cook evenly rather than being balls of cookie dough.
The only nuts these cookies contain are the pecans. They are added at the end of the recipe. If you are looking for a nut-free option, simply leave them out. If you can tolerate sunflower seeds, you can add those as a replacement which still give you a nice little crunch.
SAVE TO PINTEREST!
Make sure to check out these vegan dessert recipes:
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Cookies with Sea Salt
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raw Chocolate Brownies
Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a small dish combine the flaxseed meal and the water and mix. Set aside for ten minutes while mixing the cookie dough
- In a medium sized bowl combine the coconut flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, tapioca starch, and the baking soda and mix. Add the maple syrup, softened coconut oil, the flaxseed egg and the salt and mix. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips and pecans
- Scoop out 12 balls of the cookie dough and place on the baking tray. With the palm of your hand gently press the cookies down so they no longer have a mound on top. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are crispy but the middle is still soft
- Allow the cookies to cool and enjoy!