Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bites are raw, vegan and paleo! The crust of these little babies is made of dates and coconut flakes and the cheesecake filling is made from cashews which makes them so creamy! I love how these little cheesecakes can be eaten in only a few bites. They are the perfect little dessert for when you need something little to curb a sweet craving.
A couple notes about Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bites:
What if I don’t have a mini muffin pan?
If you don’t have a minim muffin pan or if you want to make bigger cheesecakes, just use a regular sized muffin tin instead of the mini muffin pan. If you want to keep them small, once they are chilled you can cut them into quarters which is similar in size to the mini muffin pan.
How can I store these bites?
I personally like storing the cheesecake bites in an airtight container in the freezer for when I need a little sweet snack. They stay smooth and creamy but I love how cold they are! If you don’t want to store them in the freezer, place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
SAVE TO PINTEREST!
Looking for more vegan dessert recipes? Make sure to check these out!
- Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Blackberry-Lemon Sauce
- Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Key Lime Cheesecake Bites
- 10 medjool dates, pitted (make sure they are plump and juicy!)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 lime, zested
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners and set aside
- Place the pitted datesm shredded coconut, almond flour, vanilla extract and the salt in a food procesor and process until everything is well combined and the mixture starts to clump together
- Scoop 1 1/4 tsp of the crust mixture and place into each mini muffin cup and press into an even layer. Continue with all 24 cups. Once all of the cups have a crust, place the muffin pan in the frdige and allow to chill while making the filling
- Place the raw cashews in a heat safe bowl. Boil about two cups of water and pour over the cashews. Allow them to sit for 30 minutes
- Once the cashews are done soaking, drain the water and put them in a food processor. Add the lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and salt and process until ultra smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes
- Remove the mini muffin pan from the fridge and scoop out about one tablespoon of the cheesecake filling and pour into each mini muffin cup. Once all of the cups have filling, gently slam the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles from the filling. Place the muffin pan back into the fridge and chill for a minimum of one hour
- Once chilled, remove the key lime pie cheesecake bite from the muffin liner and enjoy!