Lemon and raspberry are one of my favorite flavor combinations. The tartness from the lemon and sweetness from the raspberry perfectly compliment each other. This Lemon Raspberry Sweet Bread is fluffy, light, and topped with a sweet lemon coconut glaze. It comes together in one bowl and is also gluten-free, nut-free, and grain-free. It's a perfect little cake to celebrate Mother's Day and many other occasions this spring.
How to make this recipe
The first step to making this sweet bread is to mix together the wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Next, add the dry ingredients and mix well. Lastly, fold in the fresh raspberries. Pour into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan and bake in a 350-degree oven for about one hour.
Once baked, remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool. While the bread cools, prepare the sweet lemon coconut glaze by combing the coconut butter, coconut oil, water, maple syrup, and lemon juice together until smooth. Drizzle over top of the bread and enjoy!
What is a quick bread?
Quick breads are breads that are leavened with baking soda or baking powder. Examples of quick breads are muffins, scones, biscuits, and loaf breads like banana bread and this lemon raspberry sweet bread.
How to store lemon raspberry sweet bread
I like to store this bread in an airtight container on the counter. Lemon raspberry sweet bread can be made a day in advance but is best enjoyed the day it is baked. Alternatively, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Please note that the glaze will harden under refrigeration. I recommend puling the bread out of the fridge about 30 minutes before eating to allow the glaze to soften.
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #lovecheflaura on Instagram. Thank you!
Lemon Raspberry Sweet Bread
For the lemon raspberry sweet bread:
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- zest of two lemons
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
for the lemon coconut glaze:
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a bread pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- To a medium-sized bowl, add the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and lemon juice. Mix well. To the same bowl add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and lemon zest. Mix to combine all the ingredients. Lastly, fold in the raspberries. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for about one hour or until golden brown on the edges and. the center of the. bread bounces back when touched.
- While the bread is cooling, make the lemon coconut glaze by mixing all the ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the bread and then slice. Enjoy!