Mini Blueberry Pancakes are light and fluffy and bursting with blueberry flavor. They are gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free! They are sure to be a hit around your breakfast table with your little ones.
I love how versatile this homemade pancake batter is. I love using blueberries since blueberry pancakes are so nostalgic for me but you can use any fruit or even chocolate chips. This is a good all around basic pancake recipe to keep on hand. Of course this recipe can be made into full-size pancakes if you don't want to make mini pancakes.
How to make this recipe
The first step in making mini blueberry pancakes is to mix together the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Once the dry ingredients are well blended, add the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Stir all the ingredients together until the batter is smooth and no lumps remain.
Heat a skillet or flat top with a drizzle of avocado oil or ghee and heat gently. Once the pan is hot, add about two tablespoons of batter to the pan. Add a few fresh or frozen blueberries and wait for the pancake to produce little bubbles, about two minutes. Once bubbles form on the pancake, flip and cook the other side until golden brown, about two minutes. Continue until all the batter is used up. Drizzle the pancakes with maple syrup and enjoy!
Frozen vs. fresh blueberries
Frozen and fresh blueberries both work well for pancakes. I personally tend to use frozen since I always have those on hand. Don't worry about frozen blueberries not thawing while the pancakes cook. Blueberries, and pretty much all berries, are small and thaw very fast. Add some heat from a skillet and they will thaw out right away.
What to serve with pancakes
I like to serve all sorts breakfast foods with these mini blueberry pancakes. My favorites are:
- drizzle of maple syrup of course!
- bacon (also a no brainer!)
- breakfast sausage
- cut up honeydew or canteloupe melon
- more berries such as strawberries and blackberries
- crispy hash browns with ketchup
- scrambled eggs
- banana slices with almond butter or cashew butter drizzled on top
Where to buy ingredients
I buy my tapioca starch, coconut flour, and apple cider vinegar through Thrive Market. They are an online store that offers pantry items, health and beauty and so much more at discounted prices. If you sign up through this link, you'll save 25% on your first order. It's only $60 a year for a membership and mine has already paid for itself in savings. I buy all sorts of dairy-free and gluten-free snacks for my kids that I can't buy elsewhere. I can't recommend Thrive Market enough!
Mini Blueberry Pancakes
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup dairy-free milk (I like coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of blueberries
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca starch, and baking soda. Mix with a whisk to combine. To the same bowl, add the eggs, milk, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Heat a skillet with avocado oil or ghee and pour about 2 tablepoons of batter into the skillet. Add a couple of blueberries. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, about two minutes, then flip. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Continue with the rest of the batter. Drizzle with some maple syrup and serve with your favorite breakfast sides. Enjoy!