Paleo White Chicken Chili is bean free, full of spices and will be ready in about one hour. It’s the perfect meal for when the weather is starting to get a bit cooler.
How to make Paleo White Chicken Chili:
- The first step in make this Paleo White Chicken Chili is by sautéing yellow onions, bell peppers and garlic until soft.
- Second, shredded chicken, chicken stock or broth, green chiles, fire roasted tomatoes, coconut milk and some spices are added and simmered.
- Lastly, scoop with a ladle and pour into a bowl and top with cilantro, red onion and avocado.
How to make this recipe in the crockpot:
- This recipe can also be made in the Crockpot. Simply add the raw, uncooked chicken breasts to the crockpot along with all the ingredients.
- Turn the Crockpot on low and cook for about 4 hours, or until the chicken is easily shredded. When the chicken is ready, remove from the crockpot, shred and then return to the Crockpot. Allow to simmer for a few more minutes to allow the chicken to soak up all the flavors.
Paleo side dishes for chili:
- Top with chopped cilantro, avocado and red onions
- Siete Grain-free Sea Salt Tortilla Chips
- Paleo Cornbread Muffins
- A large taco salad with all the toppings and fixings!
Paleo White Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, small diced (about 1 small onion)
- 1 cup bell pepper, small diced (any bell pepper color works great!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 14 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 4 oz. cans green chiles
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 5 cups shredded chicken (about 2#)
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add the olive oil, yellow onion, bell pepper and garlic to a large pot of dutch oven and saute until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients. This includes the fire roasted tomatoes, green chiles, chicken broth or stock, shredded chicken, the lite coconut milk, ground cumin, chili powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes
- Serve with cilantro, avocado, chopped red onion and hot sauce. Enjoy!
- This recipe can be made in the crockpot. Simply add the raw, uncooked chicken breasts to the crockpot along with all the ingredients.
- Allow to cook on low for about 4 hours or until the chicken is easily shredded with two forks. When the chicken is ready, remove from the crockpot, shred and then return to the Crockpot. Allow to simmer for a few more minutes to allow the chicken to soak up all the flavors.
Love Chef Laura, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.