Vegan French Onion Dip with Crudités is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next get together. Vegan French Onion Dip is made with Primal Palate French Onion Seasoning Mix and blended on high until ultra-creamy. Serve with fresh cut crudités for a healthy and delicious appetizer.
How to make vegan French Onion dip
The first step in making this Vegan French Onion dip is to soak raw cashews in hot water for at least one hour. Soaking the cashews will allow them to blend well and get very creamy in the blender or food processor.
Second, the cashews are drained and placed in a blender or food processor. Then olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, Primal Palate French Onion Seasoning Mix, salt, and pepper are also added. The dip is blended on high until smooth and creamy. Serve with fresh vegetables.
What is French Onion Dip?
French Onion Dip is a party favorite typically consisting of creamy sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, chives, parsley, and of course, onions. It is often served with potato chips or a fresh assortment of vegetables.
If you are looking for a dairy-free and vegan option, this recipe using cashews is definitely a winner. Grocery stores are also stocked with vegan sour creams and nut-based yogurt to make recipe modification easy when wanting to make a vegan-friendly French Onion Dip.
French onion dip vs ranch
While French onion dip and ranch are very similar, they do have some differences. Ranch contains fresh or dried dill and may contain added buttermilk. This gives ranch a nice tangy flavor. French onion dip contains onions and has a sour cream and mayonnaise base. Both are delicious!
What are Crudités?
Crudités is essentially a fancy French term for freshly cut vegetables. Crudités are typically served as hors d'oeuvre with some kind of dipping sauce like this Vegan French Onion Dip.
French Onion Seasoning Mix is what you will need for this recipe. The seasoning mix contains only five ingredients and is certified USDA Organic.
If you like how simple and clean the ingredients are, make sure to check out my Mississippi Pot Roast which uses Primal Palates French Onion Seasoning Mix. Some of my other favorite seasonings from Primal Palate include the Garden Ranch Seasoning Mix, Meat & Potatoes Seasoning, and New Bae Seasoning. You have to try New Bae on pan-seared fish!
Vegan French Onion Dip with Crudites
- 2 cups raw cashews, whole or pieces
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 Primal Palate French Onion Seasoning packet
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- An assortment of fresh vegetables like carrots, cucumber, radishes, bell peppers, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, etc...
- Place the cashews in a bowl and then pour boiling water over top until the cashews are submerged. Leave the cashews to soak for one hour.
- Once the cashews have soaked for one hour, drain and rinse with cold water. Place the drained cashews into a blender. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and the Primal Palate French Onion seasoning packet and blend. Once the cashews are mostly blended and smooth, slowly add the warm water. This will help speed up the blender and should get all the ingredients really smooth.
- Once the French Onion Dip is done being blended, pour into a bowl and cover. Place in the fridge and allow to chill for at least two hours. Serve with all your favorite veggies and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of these affiliate links and make a purchase, I may make a commission off your purchase at no extra charge to you. If you do buy, thank you! Your purchases allow me to keep sharing healthy recipes!