Summer is here and it's time to enjoy the beach and the water! This Creamy Coconut Mojito Mocktail is full of fresh mint, creamy coconut, and sour lime. It's the perfect sipping drink for a boat cruise or evening on the beach. The best part is you won't even know it's alcohol-free!
I consider myself a social drinker. While I do my best to say no to alcohol even in social settings, I tend to cave on drinking when I'm out and about. It's hard to say no when you're enjoying a friend's company on a warm summer evening on the beach. To help reduce the urge to drink and to say no to alcohol, I created this mocktail which can be either poured over ice or enjoyed blended.
How to make this recipe
- The first step in making this Creamy Coconut Mojito Mocktail is to place the coconut milk, lime zest, lime juice, maple syrup, fresh mint, and cold water in a blender and blend on high until it's smooth and creamy.
- Either pour the mojito over ice or add 2-3 cups of ice to the blender and blend until smooth for a frozen mojito. Enjoy!
What is a mojito?
Mojitos are an alcoholic cocktail usually enjoyed in the warm summer months due to their light and refreshing characteristics. Mojitos consist of rum muddled with fresh mint, lime, a touch sweetener, and topped off with club soda. They are one of my favorite summertime drinks. Unfortunately, if you remove the alcohol, you're stuck with mint-lime water. Which is also delicious, but lacking a little fun. I added creamy coconut milk for a little tropical twist.
A quick note about coconut milk
Canned coconut milk usually contains emulsifying gum such as guar gum. Agar-agar, xanthan gum, guar gum, locust bean gum, etc.. are used in food products as stabilizers and emulsifiers. Please note if you use canned coconut milk that does not contain gum, the coconut milk may curdle in the blender. If you use canned coconut milk without gums, consider stirring in the coconut milk so everything stays smooth and creamy.
Looking for more drink recipes? Make sure to check out this Dairy-free Mango Lassi, Coffee Smoothie, and Mint Smoothie.
Creamy Coconut Mojito Mocktail
- 1 cup coconut milk, full-fat from a can
- 2 limes, zested
- juice of two limes
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh mint, firmly packed
- 1 cup cold water
- optional: 2-3 cups ice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the creamy coconut mojito mocktail over ice into two glasses or add the 2-3 cups of ice and blend on high for a frozen drink. Serve with some fresh mint and enjoy!
Leave a Reply