Hot Chocolate Cookies are full of deep chocolate flavor and fluffy marshmallows. The marshmallows melt and become toasty in the oven. Once they cool, they are sticky and almost like a taffy. Which is my favorite part!
I originally came up with this recipe for NuVita CBD. I've been helping them create super yummy vegan desserts for a few months now. I liked this one so much I wanted to share it. The marshmallows are not considered Paleo but you can easily make your own using my recipe for marshmallow fluff and use that instead. You can also leave out the marshmallows altogether and enjoy some deep chocolate cookies instead.
how to make hot chocolate cookies
- The first step is to mix together ground flaxseed and water until thick. When flaxseed thickens, it acts like an egg and helps to bind ingredients in the cookie dough.
- The second step is to add the coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- To the same bowl, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows are added.
- The last step is to form 12 cookie dough balls and bake until gooey and the marshmallows are toasted.
I love making these cookies with my two-ingredient marshmallow fluff but Sweet Apricity makes some super tasty Paleo marshmallows! Check them out here!
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tbsp water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine the flaxseed meal and water together in a small bowl and set aside for ten minutes
- Once he flaxegg has had time to set up and thicken, add the coconut oil and coconut sugar and vanilla extract mix
- Add in the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, the chocolate chips and the mini marshmallows and mix well
- Create 12 cookie dough balls and place on the baking tray. Place in the oven and bake until crispy on the edges and the mashmallow has melted. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying!