This Lemon & Herb Crusted Cod recipe starts by making a compound butter with chives, parsley, almond flour and lemon zest. The compound butter is spread out on top of the cod before being baked. Once cooked, the cod is finished under the broiler until golden brown and crispy. It is quick, easy and incredibly delicious!
Where I buy my fish:
Why I support Sitka Salmon Shares:
My absolute favorite fish source is from Sitka Salmon Shares. This is our second year getting a monthly subscription of fish from them. They are amazing! My favorite part about Sitka Salmon Shares is that the fisheries they work with only catch fish that are in season using fishing methods that have low ecological impact. Initially I had concerns about the carbon footprint of a subscription box. Sitka Salmons packaging is completely recyclable (except for the plastic used for the fish) and the foam used for shipping can be dissolved in water and used as plant food! So for our family, we find that there are more positives than negatives when buying from Sitka Salmon Shares.
Just say 'no' to farmed fish
Farmed fish is a major pollutant and is dramatically hurting the wild fish populations. By supporting small fishing families that fish the right way, we are voting with our dollars and saying farmed fish is not okay. Plus wild caught fish just tastes better. The cod we get from Sitka Salmon has such a clean and salty flavor. It is perfect for this Lemon and Herb Crusted Cod recipe.
Sitka Salmon Shares is a small Midwest company that supports small family owned fisheries in Alaska. Wild caught fish has a healthier ratio of Omega-3's to Omega-6's and is high in vitamin A and D. There is some plastic that can not be recycled, but the majority is recyclable. Because of all these, I find that there are more upsides than downsides and I will continue to support them.
If you are interested in Sitka Salmon, visit here and use coupon 'FRIENDS2020' and write in 'Laura Mason' for $25 off your first box!
SAVE TO PINTEREST!
Interested in more main course recipes? Make sure to check these out!
Lemon & Herb Crusted Cod
- 2 medium sized cod filets
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Zest of two lemons
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place two cod filets on an oven safe pan such as a sheet tray and pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper
- While the oven is preheating, combine the softened butter, almond flour, chopped chives, chopped parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mash. I use a fork which I find helps combine all the ingredients
- Take half of the compound butter and gently spread it out on top of one filet of cod coating the entire top. Take the other half of the compund butter and do the same with the other filet. Place the fish in the oven and bake for about twenty minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees
- Once the fish is cooked, turn on the broiler and broil the cod until the crust is golden brown. Make sure to keep an eye on the cod and move the pan around so the entire crust is golden
- Once finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool before enjoying!