Salted Caramel Cups are chocolate cups filled with date caramel and then sprinkled with coarse sea salt. They are the perfect little dessert when you need something chocolatey and sweet. I love adding Nuvita CBD to these cups and enjoy one when I need to help reduce anxiety, help with my rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, or just want to reap the benefits of CBD.
How to make Salted Caramel Cups:
These babies couldn't be easier! They start by making a chocolate shell with melted chocolate in a mini muffin paper. Then, date caramel is made with Medjool dates, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Once the caramel is in the chocolate cups, melted chocolate covers them before a sprinkle of sea salt is added on top!
My favorite way to eat these is to store them in the freezer and take one out as needed. Even though they are frozen, they stay nice and creamy!
Today marks one year since I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis:
Something I have not talked about lately is my rheumatoid arthritis. I was discussing the different health therapies I was trying to help manage my swollen and tender joints for a while. I now focus more on food and recipes because, well, that's what I'm good at, and that's where I feel I can be helpful to individuals experiencing similar symptoms or who are interested in adopting gluten and dairy-free diet. Today is my first anniversary of being diagnosed with RA, and man, that year went fast.
I have tried so many therapies:
Looking back on the last year, I tried a two-month-long extremely restrictive elimination diet; we bought an infrared sauna, I started CranioSacral Therapy, massages, taking countless supplements, started taking Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN), and started a CBD regimen. While they all worked to help alleviate my symptoms, I noticed that stress reduction and a well-balanced diet were the two most helpful. My version of a balanced diet is 100% gluten and dairy-free, minimal sugar, no alcohol, and a ton of fresh vegetables. The therapies I used for stress reduction were light exercises, taking CBD daily, and getting adequate sleep.
Nuvita CBD and how it has helped me:
Love Chef Laura and Nuvita decided to join forces back in February. I created vegan dessert recipes that contained Nuvita's different products. Of course, I am recipe testing and eating all these treats, and within a day or two, I noticed that the Full Spectrum CBD was helping me with my RA symptoms. I took the CBD orally and allowed it to sit under my tongue per the directions, and I would also apply it topically to any tender joints. I have noticed that a daily regimen of taking CBD has helped keep my anxiety low and helped me get a whole night's sleep. Which I believe in return has helped keep my symptoms in check. When I apply it topically, especially at night, I wake up with my joints half as swollen and move more quickly.
Why I love Nuvita CBD:
- Woman owned company
- organic from start to finish
- NO heavy metals
- NO pesticides
- 1% of monthly sales is donated to women and children from abusive and trafficked situations
Nuvita is a woman-owned company that gives back to its community. Aside from being organically grown and processed with very minimal ingredients, the company has a larger mission, and I am so happy to be a part of spreading their message! Nuvita has a Full Spectrum CBD formula, a CBG formula, a CBN formula, and a pet formula!
"At our core, we believe in supporting one another to live a new, better life. Our mission is to inspire and connect people through the gift of CBD. As a woman-owned business, we are also dedicated to giving back. NuVita donates 1% of all sales to support women who are victims of abuse."
If you are interested in supporting this company or seeing if it could help you with any of the symptoms I mentioned above, check them out here. Suppose you decide to purchase use code 'LOVECHEFLAURA' for a discount!
SAVE TO PINTEREST!
Looking for more vegan dessert recipes? Make sure to check these out!
Salted Caramel Cups
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin papers and set aside
- Create a double boiler on the stove with a pot of hot water and a bowl over top. Place the chocolate in the bowl and melt. Once melted and slightly cooled, add the CBD oil (if using) and scoop a small amount of the chocolate out of the bowl and place into each mini muffin paper making sure to move around coating the sides. Place in the fridge and allow to chill
- While the chocolate cups are cooling, place the pitted dates, coconut milk and vanilla into a fod processor and process until very smooth. Remove the chocolate cups from the fridge and place a small amount of the date caramel into each cup. Press the caramel down so it's spread evenly on the bottom of the chocolate cup
- With a spoon, scoop out the remaining chocolate and divide amongst the chocolate cups. Pour right on top of the date caramel. Once the chocolate is on top, sprinkle with the sea salt and place back into the fridge until hard. Remove the muffin paper before eating and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links which I make a commission off of if you decide to purchase. If you choose to buy it, thank you! It allows me to keep doing what I am doing and share the healing power of food!