This spicy Dirty Chai Latte uses Rasa’s Dirty blend to give this drink a little caffeine kick. A homemade caffeine-free chai mix is added to the Dirty blend along with creamy coconut milk and sweet honey. This drink is warming, calming and perfect for when you need an afternoon pick me up.
How to make a Dirty Chai Latte:
- The first step in making this Dirty Chai Latte is by strong brewing, or using twice the amount of Rasa’s Dirty blend in a French press or with a reusable tea bag. Using double the amount of the blend gives this drink a lot of depth. It also provides that slight espresso or coffee flavor that a traditional dirty chai contains.
- The next step is to warm coconut milk (or any nondairy milk) with vanilla extract and sweet honey. Once hot, pour into the blender along with the strong brewed Dirty blend. Set the blender on a high speed to ensure lots of frothy bubbles and foam. Pour into a cup and enjoy!
A couple notes about Rasa:
What are adaptogens?
As described by Rasa, adaptogens are Nature’s antidote to stress. These herbs live in harsh conditions around the world, meaning they have not only learned how to be resilient in the face of stress but these badass mofos actually thrive in stressful environments.
To be characterized as as adaptogen, an herb must meet these 3 criteria:
- Must be safe in normal therapeutic doses
- It must help your body holistically resist a wide variety of stressors
- Must have a normalizing effect on overall body function, helping your body to maintain homeostasis (read: balance, baby!)
The Dirty Blend:
Now, Rasa is not going to provide a quick fix over night. At least that’s what I noticed. These adaptogenic wellness tonics are brewed just like coffee and are meant to provide energy over long periods of time. You have to stick with them to reap the benefit.
My two favorites are the Cacao Brew and the Dirty blend. The Dirty Blend is what I used for this Dirty Chai Latte recipe. The blend contains coffee, but only 1/5 as much caffeine as a cup of coffee! The blend also contains adaptogens such as chug, ashwaganda, and reishi. It’s the perfect in between blend for someone who wants to cut back on coffee but doesn’t want to go cold turkey. Check out all of Rasa’s products here!
Rasa Coupon Code:
If you are interested in trying out Rasa, use this link here to save some money! You can also use code LOVECHEFLAURA at checkout.
Looking for more wonderful Rasa recipes? Make sure to check out this Iced ‘Mocha’ for a sweet and refreshing afternoon pick me up that has no caffeine.
Dirty Chai Latte
For the chai mix (makes 2 tbsp so you will have leftovers):
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Just under 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Just under 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
For the latte:
- 4 tbsp Rasa Dirty Blend
- 16 oz boiling water
- 4 ounces non-dairy milk such as coconut milk (4 ounces=1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp chai mix
- 1/2-1 tsp honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the 4 tablespoons of Rasa Dirty blend into a French press or a reusable tea ball and pour the boiling water over top. Allow to steep for 15-20 minutes
- While the Rasa Dirty blend is steeping, combine all the ingredients for the chai mix into a glass jar or bowl and mix well. This recipe makes about 2 tablespoons of mix or a total of 6 servings. I like to label my glass jar and place in my spice jar for another day. Scoop 1 teaspoon of the chai mix and place into a blender
- In a small sauce pot, add the coconut milk (or other nondairy milk), honey and the vanilla extract and heat until the milk almost reaches a boil. Pour into the blender
- Once the Rasa Dirty blend is done brewing, measure 8 ounces (1 cup) and pour into the blender. Turn the blender on low and slowly work up to a medium-high speed. Allow to blend for 30 seconds or so. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links which I may be compensated if you decide to buy. If you do buy, thank you! You purchases allow me to keep doing what I am doing and spread the word of good healthy food!