The Best Bananas Foster Smoothie is a quick and easy dairy-free banana smoothie that tastes like the classic New Orleans dessert.
Some links may be affiliate links. I may get paid if you buy something or take action after clicking one of these. If you do decide to buy, thank you! Your purchase allows me to continue sharing healthy and delicious recipes!
I love an excellent Bananas Foster Dessert. It was one of the first classic desserts I learned to make when attending a trade school for culinary arts in high school. This dessert is full of sweetness and comes with quite the show of bananas set on fire.
As much as I love this dessert, it doesn't fit too well in my healing journey at the moment. I decided to develop a healthier version of the dessert, so I didn't feel like missing out. When I say it's the best bananas foster smoothie, I mean it.
What are bananas foster?
Bananas foster is a classic New Orleans dessert made by cooking bananas in rum, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sometimes walnuts. The caramelized banana sauce is served over vanilla ice cream. Don't worry, the alcohol from the rum is burnt off during the flambe or cooking stage.
How to make this recipe
- The first step to making The Best Bananas Foster Smoothie is to make my vegan caramel sauce. Make the sauce, then set it aside to cool while you continue making the rest of the recipe.
- Next, combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high for about one minute.
- Lastly, drizzle some additional vegan caramel sauce on the inside of the glasses, then pour the smoothie pour the top. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, coconut whipped cream, or extra caramel sauce. Enjoy! Watch the entire recipe video here.
Equipment you will need
Bananas foster milkshake
Oh yes, you read that right. This recipe can be made into a bananas foster milkshake. Replace the ice with 2 cups of dairy-free vanilla ice cream and add a splash of plant-based milk. Blend all the ingredients and serve in two glasses.
Topping with coconut whipped cream and an extra drizzle of vegan caramel sauce is a must!
The Best Bananas Foster Smoothie
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup plant-based milk such as coconut milk
- 2 cups ice
- ¼ cup vegan caramel sauce
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Mak the vegan caramel sauce first and set aside to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy, about one minute.
- Drizzle some extra vegan caramel sauce inside the glasses then pour the smoothie over top. Sprinkle with some cinnamon or top with coconut whipped cream and extra caramel sauce. Enjoy!